This time a year is a chance for all of us to take a moment and give thanks for all the blessings in our life. And for those of us who are lucky enough to call Maui home, we are beyond thankful for being able to live in one of the most peaceful, beautiful, and relaxing areas on Earth. (Speaking of, if you are interested in experiencing a similar moment of gratitude, check out some of our homes for sale and contact us when you see a listing that appeals to you).
So as we enter the full swing of the holidays, we would like to share with all you new and aspiring homeowners some of our tips for how to create an incredible Thanksgiving on Maui this year. Here is a list of our Top 5 ways to eat and live well on Thursday, November 28th.
- Plan a beach dinner: What better way to celebrate your life in Maui then with a sunset dinner on Thanksgiving with a few of your favorite people? Gather the family and/or friends, pack your favorite beach towel, chair, and bottle of wine and toast at sunset to a life in paradise.
- Volunteer: We believe one of the best ways to celebrate all the blessings already in your life is by being able to share that feeling with others by giving back to those around you. That’s why we think volunteering on Thanksgiving is a great way to fill your heart (and your stomachs). Check out some of the soup kitchens and churches on Maui and sign up to give back to those less fortunate this Thursday.
- Plan a Post-Thanksgiving Hike: After getting your fill of pies, turkey, and stuffing, why not give your body a break and head out for a slow-paced walk or hike along one of Maui’s scenic locations? Check out the hike at the Waihee Ridge Trail or the Lahaina Pali Trail and work off some of those holiday calories before the day ends!
- Thanksgiving Buffet: For those of you who are fearing the dishes that come from a big Thanksgiving dinner, don’t worry, there will be plenty of buffet options available for you right here on Maui. From Fleetwoods on Front Street to the Montage at Kapalua Bay, many restaurants on the island will be providing special Thanksgiving dinners that are worth indulging in this season.
- Book a Boat Cruise: Picture yourself on the water with your loved ones watching the sunset and eating a chef’s special Thanksgiving meal on Maui. Sound too good to be true? Well, it’s not! Whether you book a Thanksgiving cruise out of the Lahaina Harbor or Maalaea Harbor, there will be plenty of holiday cruise options available to you this week.
Those are some of our favorite Thanksgiving activities for you. If you’re ready to feel grateful for having a new home on Maui, then give us a call and let us help you find the home of your dream before the new year gets here. We can’t wait to hear from you and hope you have an incredible Thanksgiving this week.